Re: [gnugo-devel] important bugfix

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] important bugfix
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:48:02 -0800

> This patch fixes a pattern bug that can cause crashes and improves
> some related assertions. (It did cause a crash on NNGS, but the export
> of crashed games to the webpage seems still not to be working. The bug
> is obvious enough not to require an example, though.)

I took down the asserts in this patch. They're triggered by
in nngs1:tst by the pattern EJ92:

Pattern EJ92
# db new pattern (3.1.28)

oo.........       extend to build moyo
oo.....*...
oooo...OXX.
ooo.....O.X
.........ox
-----------

:8,j

oo.........
oo.....*...
abcg..iOXX.
def.....O.X
.........hx
-----------

; o_somewhere(a,b,c,d,e,f,g)
> replace(h,*);
> replace(i,*)

In the example, h is actually occupied, but the pattern isn't wrong.
At least, it's written as intended.

So I replaced the asserts by

  if (board[from] != EMPTY
      || board[to] != EMPTY)