Re: [gnugo-devel] 261 games 3.1.31 vs 3.1.32

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 261 games 3.1.31 vs 3.1.32
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:22:19 +0200

Currently I'm against self-tuning because, among other
things, it diminishes the value of self play as a
yardstick of improvement.  The time spent tuning is
better spent tuning against human games, or against
other programs.

I agree completely, and this is what I meant first when you reported results of game series played between different versions of GNU Go.

marco