[gnugo-devel] Re: dead link and new link

From: Teun Burgers
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Re: dead link and new link
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 18:16:39 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> > At this URL http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html, on windows
> > section, the link "Windows binary of GNU Go 3.2"
> > (http://www.public32.com/games/go/) is dead.
>
> It works for me. I just tried it.
>
> I took the link to Teun's 3.0 binary down temporarily (until
> he makes a 3.2 binary) because 3.0 is definitely superceded by 3.2.

rightly so.

If I put up new binaries, it probably won't be there since geocities.com
doesn't allow ftp access anymore (if you aren't willing to pay), making
it more difficult to mirror a local version of the site there.

I did submit a cygwin port though. This port should be available
through cygwin's setup mechanism.

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-04/msg00502.html

BTW, cgoban 1.9.12 compiles out of the box under cygwin. As of recently
cygwin comes with X11. It works fine with the cygwin port of gnugo.
Once gnugo is accepted for cygwin's setup, I plan to submit a cgoban
port
for cygwin.

Teun