Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:08:23 -0400

Is it possible that building the DFA in a different order (as this
patch does) changes the order of the matching?  I think the answer
is obviously yes, and I think that's what's causing the regression
differences.  I removed the patch, and the regression differences
also disappeared.

I don't see how to remove dfa_add_string, as that is the code that
(in the patched version) manages the intermediate dfa bins.  It's
the function that mkpat calls for each pattern to add it to the dfa,
so I'm not sure how you recommend restructuring it.

-Trevor