Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] DFA compile speedup (trevor_3_3.2)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 12:42:13 -0400

At 12:08 PM 5/29/2002 -0400, Trevor Morris wrote:
>Is it possible that building the DFA in a different order (as this
>patch does) changes the order of the matching?  I think the answer
>is obviously yes, and I think that's what's causing the regression
>differences.  I removed the patch, and the regression differences
>also disappeared.

I'll answer my own question on this one.  At least for owl:262, which
changed from fail to pass with this patch, the only difference is the
ordering of move choices (in this particular case, way way down in
the owl tree where only one move is tried).

I'll give my OK, now, that this patch is safe enough to go in.

-Trevor