Re: [gnugo-devel] Gnu go at the computer olympiad

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Gnu go at the computer olympiad
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 19:51:45 +0200

Inge wrote:
> As I see it, there are two alternatives:
> a) Use 3.2
> b) Use the latest 3.3 version (or some version of 3.3 that is deemed
>    at least semi stable).
>
> So, what do you think.  Personally I lean towards alternative b) since
> we haven't introduced any new big destabilizing features.  And if so,
> are there any obvious bugs/misfeatures that have to be fixed until
> then?

I think current versions are safe to use. What can be considered is
increasing some limits or using the experimental-semeai option, as Dan
suggested. A more adventurous alternative is to use the
experimental-connections option, which does have a net impact on the
regression of about +40 but is not all that mature.

A relevant question is what time limits are used in the tournament and
how fast computers. Do you have any information about this? It would
also be interesting to know what rules are used.