[gnugo-devel] qGo client

From: Peter Strempel
Subject: [gnugo-devel] qGo client
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:52:29 +0200

Hello,

you kindly linked my qGo page on your webpage:
"qGo is a project which will eventually contain a client. At the
moment it works as an SGF editor. Licence is GPL."

There are currently two qGo versions available:
qGo/C++ - SGF editor only, IGS/GnuGo client in work (someone else maintains
this now)
qGo/Java - SGF editor, GnuGo client, IGS client (maintained by me)

Eventually we will split both versions into seperate projects. I dont know
yet. Right now they look almost identical, just one has more features than
the other.

If you want to add a link to qGo/Java as GnuGo client, the explicit URL is:
http://qgo.sourceforge.net/java/

The GTP support works stable. I played a couple of GnuGo games with qGo and
it seems there are no critical problems anymore.

qGo only supports GTP, not GMP. GTP looks much better and was very easy to
implement. I don't plan GMP support. GTP should be sufficient. And I don't
know any good GPL AI besides GnuGo anyways.

Thanks in advance,

 Peter