Re: [gnugo-devel] questionable moves?

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] questionable moves?
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 09:16:19 -0700

> OK, I don't know how interested people are in sgf files where gnugo makes
> what appear to be really bad moves, but I think I have one.  It looks to
> me (not that I'm very good, but hey...) like gnugo did something fairly
> stupid at move 66 in the following sgf game.

At move 66 W plays K5 instead of defending four stones at K6.
I take it that GNU Go is W.

In this case K5 is the correct move. If B captures
and W recaptures at J6, B has 2 points of territory at G7
and G6, four captures while W has one capture. So B gets
5 points out of this exchange. But the bottom is sealed.

If W connects at K6, B can push through at K5 and
the damage to W's territory is greater than 5 points.

Dan