Re: [gnugo-devel] Error in regression failure HTML view

From: Trevor Morris
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Error in regression failure HTML view
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 21:41:21 -0400

2 HTML view hints:
 1) Click on a stone to get "relevant" extract of the trace file for that move.
It can be useful to open two separate windows for two different moves to
compare GNU Go's evaluation of them.
 2) To view an problem such as auto01.tst number 6, just use:
http://www.public32.com/regress/?auto01:6

BTW, should there really be 25 FAILs and 1 PASS in CVS, or do we have
a platform dependence problem?  Built of CVS yesterday.

At 05:52 PM 9/21/2002 -0400, I wrote:
>Thanks for the bug report!  I always like to hear that these are useful.
>
>At 08:49 PM 9/21/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>>Just to let you know.  There seems to be a few problems with the
>>otherwise excellent HTML view of the regression failures.  So far I
>>have found:
>>1. There are no move valuations in the traces.  Instead, there are two
>>   copies of the move reason lists.
>As Gunnar pointed out, the two copies probably aren't a problem.
>When I run it here, the move reasons do exist.  Not sure why the
>web site version doesn't have them.  I'll continue to investigate.

Somehow, the problem in auto01 must have been causing the problem,
as the move valuations have magically re-appeared.  Can't say that I have
a clue why.

>>2. If I try to view by category or unexpected results, I get a page
>>   that says "Software error".
Now working.