RE: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_9.4

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_9.4
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 01:56:09 +0200

Arend wrote:

> I'd like to update nando_3_9.4a to CVS, incorporating the change I
> suggested in a previous e-mail about dragon status'.
> (The patch doesn't apply to current CVS).
>
> However, I wouldn't like to loose any changes you've been working on
> since. If you have any, maybe you could post them as a relative diff?
> (Doesn't need to be well-tested, I will have make test runs to verify
> the other changes anyway.)
> If you prefer, I can of course also post my changes as a relative diff
> and leave it to you to do the final patch. Anyway, as the patch broke
> partly due to my chanes in detect_owl_blunder(), and as I complained
> about the dragon status problem, I think I should share some of the
> work, too...

Well, I already implemented a couple more things (most of those I suggested
in an earlier post) on top of this patch and also took your suggestions into
account. As it is now, it isn't as good as I wished (still not many passes
and this time, a couple fails), but I'm more satisfied with the 'style' of
the implementation. I could do some code cleaning and send it to you for
review/improvements (I'm still unsatisfied and undecided with the moves
valuations and I'm greatly in need of hints here)

My main problem being that I have no clue how to do a 'relative diff', would
it be ok if I simply provide a diff against current CVS ?

/nando