Re: [gnugo-devel] escape_values patch

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] escape_values patch
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 19:52:13 -0700

Evan wrote:

> Also, something that recently went into CVS significantly increased
> pattern scanning time, causing about a 10% (overall) performance hit on
> nngs2.tst.  I'm not sure what, I can look though.  Just thought I'd point
> it out.

Can you tell us more about how you concluded this?

Assuming this is a comparison between two runs of nngs2.tst, when
was the first run?

You can check out one of the two pre-release versions of GNU Go,
with release tags rel-3-3-9-pre-1 (September 17) and rel-3-3-9-pre-2
(September 25) and see if those exhibit the slow behavior that you
are seeing.

Dan