RE: [gnugo-devel] bugfix

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] bugfix
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:04:08 +0100

Arend wrote:

> I don't see why examine_position should have the color parameter at all

I haven't looked at this stuff, but I'm wondering...

Could it be caused by escape values ? I don't know in detail how does
examine_position() work, but if it uses the owl code, then the escape
influence data is dependant on the color in turn to move. This can have
various effects like changing possible pattern matchings (because of
owl_escape_value()) which could possibly change the results of owl
readings. It could also change the escape_route measure, which in turn
influences (IIRC) the dragon weakness computations...

/nando