Re: [gnugo-devel] regarding paul_3_13.8a

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] regarding paul_3_13.8a
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 13:32:24 -0800

Arend wrote:

> Well, this was exactly the intention of the patch, omitting the pattern
> elements with value ATT_not where they are not needed. From reading the code
> it looks correct to me. However, global:4 is really a bug, D305 doesn't
> get matched in several patches after the patch.

Assuming that Arend is correct (though he didn't give enough details
to confirm it independently) there must be another problem because
D305 is this pattern:

Pattern D305

??.?       attach
..X.
O.*.

:8,-,value(75)

It is clear that if this pattern is matched, none of the
empty intersections is the location of a capture, so this
can't be the whole story.

It might be easier to debug the patch paul_3_13.8a than the
version paul_3_13.8b which went into the CVS.

Dan