Re: [gnugo-devel] Semeai

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Semeai
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 07:07:53 -0800

> > I think it is a possible that if we fix some of these bugs during
> > January we can consider enabling the module for 3.4.
>
> I wouldn't mind enabling it right away.

Let's turn it on and release 3.3.14 fairly early in January.

I do think it needs some real work.  I've been looking at
nngs:240. This is a situation where a tactical win is ignored
because the owl code thinks it has it figured out first based on eye
evaluation.

The obvious fix is to move the tactical code ahead of the owl code,
but that causes problems because the code awarding a tactical win
sometimes does so inappropriately.  For example it breaks ld_owl:103
because it thinks capturing G3 wins the "semeai" between B7 and G4.

Dan