[gnugo-devel] Timing of paul_3_15.5

From: bump
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Timing of paul_3_15.5
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 06:59:30 -0800

The original time that I got when I tested paul_3_15.5 was
apparently way off because I was running gnome and various
things (netscape, emacs, texmacs, and ssh connections to
math and match). The regressions took 10610 seconds with
the patch, 9582 seconds without the patch.

So I ran them again at night on an unloaded machine. The results
were very different. The second runs gave 9183 seconds with the
patch, 8964 seconds without it. The extra 219 seconds is about
2.44 %.

I want to repeat this experiment tonight to see how much variation
I get in these timings.

Paul doesn't see any reason the patch should be a big slowdown.

The list has apparently stopped functioning despite the fact that
mail.gnu.org is not down. I see they've revised the software
again, since the archived list is displayed differently. But
Paul sent mail to gnugo-devel yesterday that never showed up.

Dan