Re: [gnugo-devel] Decide dead stone

From: Marco Scheurer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Decide dead stone
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 15:09:28 +0100

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 02:44 PM, Amour Tan wrote:

I am the author of TanGo Go client for server play.

I have an idea of using GNU Go to decide and remove dead stone upon
completion of the game.  The requirement is fairly simple, upon feeding
a GTP or SGF file to GNU Go, I need a list of dead stone on the
goban from GNU Go.

I have some questions

1. Is the option "--decide-position" the correct parameter on the command line? The output seems to be quite verbose and I have to use SGF format
instead of GTP protocol.

2. What is the equivalent GTP command?  Is there?

Hi,

What I use in Goban (a client for Mac OS X) is the GTP command "final_status_list dead 2". However, I am not so sure it is a good idea to rely on GNU Go to score server games. It can be slow and it's not perfect.

Marco Scheurer
Sen:te, Lausanne, Switzerland    http://www.sente.ch