Re: [gnugo-devel] small revision in find_more_owl_attack_and_defense_mov

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] small revision in find_more_owl_attack_and_defense_moves()
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 19:18:56 +0100

Nando wrote:
> Following patch solves both test cases I submitted earlier today. My box is
> currently busy running a twogtp match, so I haven't run any other regression
> tests. I will do and report the results asap.

This patch, as well as the more recent revision, has one significant
problem, namely that the dragon data is modified from within the move
valuation. Experience has shown that this is a bad idea. All dragon
status and other data should be established during examine_position()
and only be read in the move valuation.

I.e. if a dragon status is incorrect, that needs to be detected in
advance of the move valuation, preferably in make_dragons().