Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo assertion failure on gGo SGF file

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] GnuGo assertion failure on gGo SGF file
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:23:59 +0100 (CET)

Dear stuart,

thanks for the report. The problem is that we crashed on invalid sgf,
this has been fixed by Daniel Bump recently: Now GNU Go warns:
Illegal SGF! attempt to add a stone at occupied point H17
Illegal SGF! attempt to add a stone at occupied point J10

(E.g. the latter is at the end of the file:

;W[ij]AW[ij]

This is clearly incorrect.)

You might want to report this to Peter Strempel, as the incorrect sgf
was apparently generated by gGo. (I guess it got confused by undo's on
IGS.)

Arend