RE: [gnugo-devel] score_3_16.1

From: Portela Fernand
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] score_3_16.1
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:06:52 +0100

Dan wrote:

> Presumably this error has no effect on the scoring of games at
> the end of the game because there will be no critical dragons at
> the end of the game. So misscored games cannot account for this
> problem.

Agreed.

> Notice that the suspicious block of code is inside a loop
> conditioned on critical dragons being found.

And if I understand the code correctly, it only applies to games played
under chinese rules and shouldn't have an impact on those played with the
japanese ones. So logically, it cannot be the origin of what I observed.

Possibly I messed up something in my patch without noticing. I'll review my
code and will make more tests.

At least, we found a bug. :)

/nando