RE: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_16.5.tar.gz

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] nando_3_16.5.tar.gz
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:35:49 +0100 (CET)

> Thanks for the review and corrections. If you don't mind, here's another
> batch. I wanted to wait a bit before submitting them, but a couple of these
> problems look serious enough to be qualified as urgent IMO (13 and 16 for
> instance)

I've added this to CVS; I added a couple of alternative moves for some
of the owl tests.

> After this, I'll keep quiet for a while on this front. :)

I hope you don't :-)

> +#CATEGORY=OWL/OPTICS
> +loadsgf games/nando/auto010.sgf
> +12 owl_defend L17
> +#? [1 K19|L18]

The correct way to write this is
> +#? [1 (K19|L18)]

(The above would match the strings "1 K19" and "L18".)

> +# Either the reverse followup or the constraint of EE106 is
> +# wrong IMHO
> +#CATEGORY=ENDGAME
> +loadsgf games/nando/auto012.sgf 112
> +16 gg_genmove white
> +#? [!D1]

I agree that there are bigger moves on the board (e.g. M18), but the reverse
followup seems correct here. Black C1 would be sente, and D1 is worth
6 pts.

Arend