Re: [gnugo-devel] gGo is no more free software :-(

From: <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gGo is no more free software :-(
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 13:28:50 +1300

> Hi there!
>
> Sad news here:
>
> gGo went closed-source. See the License session in the FAQ:

The current version of gGo is closed course. I've had an email discussion with
Peter Strempel <address@hidden> about it, which is probably best summed up with
this extract from Peter:

In a different email Peter said:

> I will meet the current programmer who works on IGS in
> January, I want to bring up this issue and see if they are willing to change
> the protocol. But thats always ugly, risks breaking old clients. Until then,
> situation stays as it is now, and I will decide what to do about GPL after
> January.

So there appears to be hope of improvement.

stuart

--    stuart yeates <address@hidden> aka `loam'
  "To err is human--but it feels divine."  --  Mae West
X-no-archive:yes