[gnugo-devel] New GnuGo GUI for Windows

From: Jacques Basaldúa
Subject: [gnugo-devel] New GnuGo GUI for Windows
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 00:50:05 +0100

   Santa Cruz de Tenerife, March, 1 2003

   Hello,

I have written a multiple board Go player/analyzer/IGS-client for Windows. My program is available for download at http://www.dybot.com/GoKnot and uses GnuGo for both playing and analyzing games. I have also created a small utility that installs both GoKnot (my program) and GnuGo 3.3.16. GoKnot's documentation clearly explains that GoKnot and GnuGo are two completely unrelated products. The installation utility creates three menu links: one to GoKnot, one to GnuGo and one to an "About GnuGo" page containing this: http://www.dybot.com/GoKnot/Gnu/gnugo.htm

The simultaneous installation of both programs is only intended to protect the user against: version incompatibilities, broken links and errors produced by the user's unability to install both programs. As far as I understand your license conditions, this does not infringe any of the clauses, but of course, I will follow your instructions. As I see it, it is not different that if both programs were distributed together on a CD.

I hope that you share my views on the subject. Please, download GoKnot. As you will see: It is the only Windows interface to GnuGo that is really a Windows application (Java independent), GnuGo can be used to analyze and not only to play, GnuGo can be used to analyze games taking place at IGS, and much more. Both GoKnot and my website have links to your site. Please, confirm that you agree with my current installation procedure or indicate what changes should I make to it. I would also appreciate a link to my website as you are linking to other GUIs for Windows.

   Sincerely yours,

   Jacques Basaldúa