Re: [gnugo-devel] Parallelizing GNU Go

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Parallelizing GNU Go
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 18:29:23 -0500 (EST)

Dan wrote:

> I don't think we can make the results of owl_analyze_semeai() as
> reliable as owl_attack() and owl_defend() before 3.4 but we can
> try.

I see the following low-hanging fruit that we should at least try
before 3.4:
1. Make the decision about life and death completely parallel with that
in owl_attack()/defend(). (And of course, share more code while doing
that on the way.)
2. Treat the case where we run out of semeai nodes specially, probably
using the global result_certain in owl.c (instead of declaring seki in
these cases).

Arend