[gnugo-devel] XiStrat Go Variant

From: kai brommann
Subject: [gnugo-devel] XiStrat Go Variant
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 09:07:15 -0800 (PST)

hello,
we would like to tell you about 'another free program
for the game of Go':

http://xistrat.sourceforge.net
http://xistrat.org
http://freshmeat.net/projects/xistrat

About: XiStrat (aka 'Extended Strategy') is in
particular about turn-based, networked multiplayer,
non-cooperative, zero-sum, abstract strategy board
games (e.g., Chess, Go, Reversi variants, etc.) on
3D-visualized polyhedra and contains a server, client
GUI, autoplayer engine, utilities, and documentation.
Besides related recreational modern mathematics
(single agent, cellular automata,
graph/group/complexity/knot theory, discrete geometry,
algebra, combinatorics, and mathematical physics) are
dealt with.

In the context of

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html

we would like to ask you if perhaps you could consider
linking to our XiStrat project, maybe under the
section entitled
'Other programs that play go, and Go programming
toolkits'.

And (if you can afford investing the time) please tell
us what you think of the project in general. We
appreciate any critics, feedback, help, contributions.
Anyway thanx very much for the GnuGo program.

Kind Regards,
Kai Brommann