Re: [gnugo-devel] regress lazarus:1

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] regress lazarus:1
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 21:08:07 -0700

Kevin wrote:

>    i had a quick look at regress case lazarus:1.
>
>    problem: L2 wrong, L3 right.
>
>    based on my observation, i think L2 is ok. after
> B:L2, if W:L3 or W:N4 cut, then:
> B:O2 W:P2 B:P1 W:O1 B:Q1 W:O2 B:M1.
>
>    please correct me if i m wrong.

You are right, L2 is OK. It looks like it leaves bad aji
compared with L3 but actually W can't do much.

Evan wrote:

> After B:L2, W:O3, B:O2, W leaves the stones on the right and plays W:K2 to
> get a living group on the left.  In contrast, B L3 kills all the stones.
> However, either is better than the game move of P2.

After B:L2, W:O3 B can play K2 and W can't do anything. It
could get a little complicated with something like

B:L2 W:O3 B:K2 W:P2 B:N3 W:O1 B:Q1 W:P1 B:M1 O:O4

but black wins the semeai by one move.

Dan