Re: [gnugo-devel] tuning patch

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] tuning patch
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:44:49 -0400

Arend wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > i'm somewhat afraid to mark the move in AS7 as an antisuji. instead i
> > added a large negative shape value (-10). however, M19 in the appended
> > game is still valued 1.28 points. probably the best solution would be
> > to revise antisuji moves as non-antisuji if they also have some vital
> > move reason (e.g. OWL_ATTACK). the same may also hold for large negative
> > shape values.
>
> Maybe I am biased, but IMHO the best solution is to fix the territorial
> move valuation of M19. This should be possible by pattern tuning in
> barriers.db.

can you do it? i'm too unsure about how such a pattern should look. i
would prefer such a solution as well since it wouldn't involve those nasty
shape values (and hopefully push move valuation below 1.28).

<do it yourself advertising>
by adding a pattern that solves the problem to barriers.db you can easily
convince me that territorial tuning rocks and at the same time provide some
learning material so i can understand how to work with barrier patterns.
</do it yourself advertising>

;)

Paul