RE: [gnugo-devel] twogtp.py matches broken

From: Portela Fernando
Subject: RE: [gnugo-devel] twogtp.py matches broken
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:11:27 +0200

Arend wrote :

> Currently, running matches with twogtp.py is broken, because the
> random seed is always set to 0 starting from the 2nd game. This is
> due to the final_score command:
> (...)

FWIW, I recall having modified a twogtp-x script (don't remember which
one) to use final_score (instead of estimate_score) and tumbled on the
same problem. I worked around it by saving the seed before calling
final_score and restoring it afterward (with gtp_get_random_seed and
gtp_set_random_seed)

/nando