Re: [gnugo-devel] hoshi patch

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] hoshi patch
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 01:50:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Evan Berggren Daniel wrote:

> - alternate continuations after one space low pincer
>
> After an opponent makes the keima approach, and gnugo plays the one space
> low pincer, if opponent jumps and then invades at 3,3, gnugo will block on
> the wrong side.  This marks the correct block as joseki.  It also adds
> another continuation for the pincered player.

You are referring to this variation:
+Pattern JH101
+
+---------+
+.........|
+.........|
+.........|
+...X.X...|
+.........|
+....O.O..|
+.........|
+....*.X..|
+.........|
+.........|
+
+:8,sFJ
+

Did you intentionally mark this as joseki? The only joseki move I am
aware of is the shoulder hit on the 4th line. (Kombilo did find this move
in one professional game, but under very special circumstances, X threatening
to finish a center moyo.)

It probably doesn't matter much, as gnugo doesn't play the iken tobi
beforehand at the moment, but...

Arend