[gnugo-devel] Something odd

From: a . crossman
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Something odd
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 23:44:56 +0100

I'm currently running GnuGo 3.3.22 compiled for Windows XP with MinGW
and GCC 3.2.3. I found this odd:

PW[Allan Crossman]PB[gnugo 3.3.22]

On move 42, Gnugo seems to miss what I think is a killing move, B2.
That's not the main problem though - I opened up the SGF file with "-
l game.sgf --quiet -L42 -a -t" as per the Tuning webpage, and it
gives me a totally different move, valued 3 times as highly.
Specifically, it now wants to play C6 instead of the move it actually
played, F2.

So I was wondering if you could replicate this discrepancy on Linux,
and whether it was a bug...
Allan Crossman