[gnugo-devel] @node use in texinfo

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: [gnugo-devel] @node use in texinfo
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 16:35:24 +0200 (CEST)

I've put a patch in CVS to consistently use hierarchical texinfo
structure for our docs. This means that instead of
@node Node name, Name of Next node, Name or Previous Node, Name of Upper Node

we can just write @node. This works as long as each node is consistently
followed by @section or s.th. similar.

As we have the hierarchical structure anyway, there is no need to write
it a second time with those crappy hand-written pointers. To call them a
big annoyance for moving around code in .texi-files would be vast
understatement. (And the language with which I'd prefer to describe it
is probably not suited for a mailing list.)

As always, this redundancy created a big bunch of inconsistencies (in
the form of missing @section commands or @subsection instead of @section
etc.). Now we are forced to keep the .info and TeX-output consistent,
which can only be a good thing.
So the patch also fixes those bugs.

Arend