Re: [gnugo-devel] some more tests

From: SP LEE
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] some more tests
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:02:33 -0700

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 address@hidden wrote:

> > I made my UI capable to run auto matches between GTP and non GTP engines
> > Here are some results  i got running GnuGo vs Go++ and WinHonte.
>
> Thank you for this testing. It is striking that WinHonte beats 3.2
> consistently but that 3.3.21 usually beats WinHonte. It is possible
> that WinHonte is very tuned against GNU Go 3.2.

This is indeed possible.  Could we get some of the games from both
winhonte series?  GNU Go 3.2 had a number of joseki mistakes it would make
with some consistency, I believe.  The current version should be much
better, but probably still has problems.  If people have examples of this,
I can try to fix them.  I know I've seen a few on nngs lately, I'll see if
I can find them.

Evan Daniel

Speaking of joseki mistake, I would like to take the "terrible game" posted by Dan earlier as an example. It's a two stone game against gnugo 3.2. The current CVS used the same "joseki" on two corners, and two groups finally become both dead. I think if gnugo can finish the joseki sequence, the result would be better. I have put a joseki variation in the attached game. Please check.

SP Lee