Re: [gnugo-devel] evan_5_1.2

From: Dan Stromberg
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] evan_5_1.2
Date: 07 Sep 2003 20:43:29 -0700

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 16:38, Arend Bayer wrote:
> I really recommend installing kombilo to everyone interested
> in joseki study -- whether for gnugo or for your own games

Yes, kombilo rocks.

What if gnugo were augmented to look at moves generated by a
kombilo-like subsystem, as it plays a game?  I mean, for the move
generator or whatever.

Further, what if, instead of sorting the moves by frequency of
occurrence, what if the moves were sorted by average or maximum strength
of players playing the move, and we then fed amateur games in, not just
pro games?  This should give some good responses to mediocre moves,
unlike today's kombilo.