Re: [gnugo-devel] another semeai patch

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] another semeai patch
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:59:01 +0100

SP Lee wrote:
> I'm using cygwin and it compiles and runs ok.

It may or may not work depending on the platform. I.e. it's not portable.

> However, when I changed it
> into strcmp like
> if (strcmp(owl_moves[k].name, "eat lunch") == 0 && ......
> I got a run time error although it compiled ok. So at this moment I don't
> have other solution. Any suggestion to avoid string comparison is welcome.
>
> I do have added a constraints to this patch to eliminate the unexpected
> fails. After this new patch there is only one pass at semeai:58 and no other
> breakage.

Well, this is not the right place to filter out the move. It should be
done already when the lunch eating moves are first generated. I'd also
like to have some reasonably robust criteria for when eating a lunch
is a bad idea in a semeai.