[gnugo-devel] paul_5_3.3

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: [gnugo-devel] paul_5_3.3
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:28:01 +0300

I regressed the patch (do not trust bulky eyespaces) against current
CVS.  The brekage is almost the same as it was when I submitted the
patch:

  http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2003-11/msg00016.html

There is only one change: fail in seki:101, but it is for the very
same reason as strategy3:115.  It is a string essentiality problem
uncovered by the patch.

Node counters:

before: 1536543992 2752741 10890454
after:  1547201653 2797705 10935061
            +0.69%  +1.63%   +0.41%

I think we discussed the patch with Gunnar some time ago in relation
to some test case (or NNGS game?) and decided that the patch was
needed, despite the node counters increase.  Maybe the it can benefit
of some tweaks, but unfortunately I don't remember which position we
were discussing.

In any case, tweaks can be done later.  If no one objects, I'll put
the patch into CVS.

Paul