Re: [gnugo-devel] weird performance problem

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] weird performance problem
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:05:57 +0300

Arend wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>
> > OK, then what it surprising in `glibc' getting < 15% CPU time?
>
> Oh dear, I must be pretty bad in explaining. It is weird that it got 50%
> in one case and <15% in another. Both compiled with -pg.

I tend to dismiss this weirdness as I don't trust edited `Makefile's,
sorry ;)

Btw, why did you use some `oprofile' (what is that at all?)  I thought
`-pg' was meant to create profiling information suitable for `gprof'.
Or is it some general format?  In any case, `gprof' gives you call
tree, unlike `oprofile' as it seems from your messages.

Paul