Re: [gnugo-devel] large_scale_5_1.1b

From: Arend Bayer
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] large_scale_5_1.1b
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 02:35:17 +0200 (CEST)

I wrote:
> My immediate guess (haven't checked at all) is that this is due to
> the fact that the large_scale patch uses reduced node limits, and this
> is not accounted for in the (non-persistent) cache.
>
> Reducing the depth values (or not increasing them) in addition to reducing
> the node limit might do the trick (as the caches _do_ check for remaining
> depth). That buys horizon effects instead, of course,

Alternatively, running find_large_scale... after find_more_owl_attack...
instead of before it might be enough. I suppose it is ok to use the
computations done at full owl node limit when doing the reduced reading.
It would have the added advantage of avoiding duplication of the same
computation.

Arend