Re: [gnugo-devel] 5% increase in owl nodes

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 5% increase in owl nodes
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 20:58:37 -0700

> > I don't know whether it's critical in this case, but with daylight
> > saving time your time zone is only -7 hours from utc (see the entry
> >"PDT - Pacific Daylight" at the URL above). You can also see this in the
> > header of the mails you send. The commented message includes this line:
>
> It's not critical, because I was able to confirm Arend's observation.

I found it. In this message:

http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnugo-devel/2004-04/msg00157.html

I explained how I had tested a hypothesis of Arend's to
explain the effect of the large scale patch on arend:9 by
inserting a reading_cache_clear() somewhere in
review_move_reasons().

Of course, that was supposed to be taken out, but it got
left in by mistake. I've removed it in the current cvs.
After the patch, nngs1 gives the following node counts:

10000 47224984
10001 63620
10002 323214
10003 64419460

This is as it should be, so the problem is fixed.

Dan