Re: [gnugo-devel] test cases

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] test cases
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 23:14:13 +0300

Portela Fernando wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before I forget them, a couple test cases from a 9 stones game on KGS.
>
> Proposed case 190 could be easily solved by using Paul's very interesting
> work on threats combinations. Amusingly, I believe that proposed case 210
> is a side-effect of that work (I guess A8 is a double-threat to make eyes)

Threat combinator lacks 1) a good valuation function---the current is just
a quick hack to make it work, and 2) a large bunch of patterns so there is
something to combine.  2) seems like a pre-condition to 1) so that it is
more or less clear how to valuate combinations.

You are of course welcome to work on 2) :)

Paul