Re: [gnugo-devel] compatibility patch

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] compatibility patch
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 11:35:55 -0700

Paul wrote:

> I wrote:
> > Gunnar wrote:
> > >
> > > I would guess that the proper solution is to make a configure test to
> > > see whether the construction works, if someone's up to it.
> >
> > I am.  I think I'll be able to post a patch later today.
>
> Dan, can you check if this works?  I don't have Autoconf 2.52, but
> I checked a similar construction with 2.57.
>
> Paul

If I configure with this patch with gcc 2.96 I find that
config.h contains:

/* Define if your compiler supports transparent unions */
#define HAVE_TRANSPARENT_UNIONS 1

and everything compiles fine.

I suppose I should add it to the CVS, then Tanguy can
see if it works on his Sparc. Is there anything else?

Dan