Re: [gnugo-devel] view.pike tweak

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] view.pike tweak
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:46:47 +0300

Arend Bayer wrote:

> - support for starting sgf viewer directly from view.pike
>
> This allows to automatically start an sgf viewer (specified in the
> "cgoban -edit %s" format) when doing reading analysis. The .sgf-file names
> are now appended with the name of the engine to identify them.

Speaking of which, you can use Quarry for this.  I believe that
viewing is _much more_ pleasant with Quarry, since it supports
lots of keyboard and mouse wheel shortcuts for navigating game
tree.  Missing from a viewer are game information (apart from
that displayed in main window) and text labels (which are used
in joseki SGF files).

Editing is still close to nonexistence.  You can only add moves
and edit comments (latter only with CVS).

To open a file for viewing just launch it as

        quarry <filename>

Paul