Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)

From: aquarius
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Re: Ranked Robot (fwd)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 11:12:06 +0200

Gunnar Farnebäck wrote:
aquarius wrote:
sorry for my late answer but I discovered problems with
GoGui's TwoGtp and had to run part of the tests again
1) it would not recognize the komi it gets from GoGui
    -> gnugo didn't know komi was negative

Just to check, this is an internal problem in GoGui and not a bug in
GNU Go, right?

Yes. If you use TwoGtp or GoGui directly they send the komi command to both
engines. But if you use TwoGtp as a backend to GoGui to watch the games (wich
is possible since TwoGtp can act as a GTP-Engine playing both colors by means
of controling two slave GTP-Engines and reporting they'r moves back up)
there seemed to be a bug in TwoGtp such that it would not send proper komi
to the slaves. (tested this using --dump-gtp-commands with gnugo)

Maybe this is already fixed because I started testing with gogui 0.5 and
switched to 0.6 using TwoGtp directly (patched by me to report random seeds
and to not choke on a negative parameter) for the matches against your patch.
Due to this some sgf files in the archives have irritating headers but the
results and statistics are ok.

aquarius