Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo 3.4 problems

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] gnugo 3.4 problems
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:11:15 -0800

> I haven't checked yet what exactly goes wrong in the analysis this
> time but considering how devastating the problem is I'm inclined to
> try some heavy artillery, namely an antisuji pattern. Can someone give
> an example where the send-two-return-one move is good or some other
> reason against adding the pattern?

I assume by send-two-return-one you mean move 120 in the game
in question. This doesn't address the problem at move 118.

I can give two reasons for not adding an antisuji pattern.

(1) Might be useful as a ko threat.

(2) The send-two-return-one move is a warning of a deeper
problem which might go unnoiticed if the move is fixed
by superficial means. Perhaps we would not have seen
this game if move 118 had been made but not move 120.

Dan