[gnugo-devel] Research

From: Reona R Kumagai (address@hidden)
Subject: [gnugo-devel] Research
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:34:41 -0500

Hello,

 I am a Junior at Princeton University looking for a research topic on machine
learning and Go. I was reading the task list posted on the GNUgo and found this
to be intersting.

"Fuseki tuning by hand is difficult. People who are interested
   in doing machine learning experiments with GNU Go could try
   working with fuseki. This may be one of the areas with most
   potential for substantial and reasonably quick improvements."

What kind of research has been done, and what kind of research do you think
will be helpful in furthering computer go?

Thank you,
Reona Kumagai