Re: [gnugo-devel] bug?

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] bug?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:35:28 +0200

David C. Oshel wrote:
> Go Team!  :)
>
> I've noticed that two instances of GNU Go have to be playing with the
> same command line parameters or the game fails.
>
> For example, I set Sen:te Goban to use its internal 3.4 framework, and
> add a gtp player which uses 3.6 with the arguments --mode gtp --level
> 10 --quiet --nofusekidb --nojosekidb.
>
> It's as though the games are not re-entrant, because they both use the
> same external game trees (?).

I believe this is a problem with Set:te Goban, not with GNU Go.  Try
bugging them about it.

Right now I'm watching GNU Go 3.7.1 playing itself, one copy at default
strength, the other at level 1.  There seem to be no problems.  I'm
using Quarry (http://home.gna.org/quarry/) as interface, but I'm not sure
if you can compile it under Mac OS.

Paul