Re: [gnugo-devel] 2 small patches for gnugo.el from gnugo 3.7.2

From: Mike FABIAN
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] 2 small patches for gnugo.el from gnugo 3.7.2
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:29:03 +0100

<address@hidden> さんは書きました:

>> When accidentally clicking the middle mouse button instead of the left
>> mouse button to make a move, junk text is inserted into the Goban. I
>> think the easiest way to prevent this is to bind the middle mouse
>> button to make a move as well.
>>
>> Second patch "xemacs.patch":
>>
>> This is a first try to make gnugo.el (from gnugo 3.7.2) work with
>> XEmacs.
>
> I tried the patch with GNU Emacs and I didn't see that it
> breaks anything.
>
> There is a slightly complicated situation with gnugo.el
> because the version that we distribute is modified from
> the version distributed by the true maintainer,
> Thi-Thien Nguyen.  We are waiting somewhat to see what
> he does upstream in the hopes of not creating an
> unnecessary fork.

Yes, of course it is better not to create a fork, and
I guess you plan to update to Thi-Thien Nguyen's version
from time to time.

Therefore it is certainly best to get any improvements
into The-Thien Nguyen's version.

> I propose not to add it to the CVS right away, partly
> because the best way to get your changes in would be
> if Thi implements them (or another method) upstream.
>
> In any case let us say that XEmacs compatibility is
> a good goal, and certainly getting the XPM display
> working would be something we want.
>
> Your patch is listed as pending at:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/patches.html
>
> If you end up making big changes to the file, are
> you willing and able to assign copyright to the FSF?

Yes, certainly.

I don't know the procedure how to do that yet, but it should be no
problem.

--
Mike FABIAN   <address@hidden>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。