[gnugo-devel] moyo invasion/reduction

From: Alain Baeckeroot
Subject: [gnugo-devel] moyo invasion/reduction
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:52:32 +0000

Hello

I read the code, the doc :) but there are some points i don't understand:
- Does GnuGo have a strategy , other than just a local strategy, (or weight
  in the databases).  i think not, but maybe i missed something.

- How to provoke an invasion ?
 I put nearly 0 invasion_malus in "choose_strategy" and it doesnt
 change a lot. It never invade, or wait too late.
 I tested H8, W Tengen and let gnugo finish... After the end it can
 at least do one more san-san invasion, and should have "invade"
 really much earlier. I m cooking in fuseki.c for compensating that
 brutally, but there might be a better way

Regards
Alain

-