Re: [gnugo-devel] Physics in Go

From: Alain Baeckeroot
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Physics in Go
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:26:26 +0000

Le Vendredi 4 Février 2005 21:44, kai brommann a écrit :
> hello Alain and all GNU Go friends,
>
> first of all nice to hear that you like the XiStrat
> project!

I take a look at XiStrat. It looks nice, interesting and _fun_.
It seems to be very "pure mathematical", hopefully with nice 3D :)

My approach of go game, is not theoretical, but a physicist one:
I have observed the phenomenon go game, and i see some kind
of weird fluid, so i can put that in "nearly precise equation"
and solve that, with huge approximations, no corner cases, no
theory, no demonstration, but a lot of feeling (and a resigned phD in
computer modelling and variational data assimilation in oceanography)

And only after all that fun, if it looks good, create the
theory to justify all the approximations, and transform them
to very rigourous math, for a co-Noble Price ;)

Cheers
Alain