Re: [gnugo-devel] multi-board branch

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] multi-board branch
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 16:20:12 +0300

I wrote:
> I have created a new CVS branch tagged `multi-board'.  It currently
> differs from the the trunk only in files that are the sources for
> `libboard.a'.

I have just commited a huge patch that makes entire branch compilable.
However, nothing currently works (except for `joseki.c' which was
needed for proper compilation.)  Basically, each `.c' file now includes
a temporary header, `old-board.h'.  The header contains declarations
of external variables like board[] that previously sit in `board.h'.
In addition, I have added `goban' argument everywhere it was needed.
Currently, `goban' is a static pointer to `Goban' structure that is
never initialized.  Later it will be passed between functions and be
non-static.

That `joseki' keeps is very reassuring.  Means that board code has
not been broken in the process, or at least not in a major way.

The plan now is to start converting `play-gtp.c' and `reading.c' to
properly using dynamically allocated boards.

I'd like to thank Emacs for making full automatization of argument
addition possible :)

Paul