Re: [gnugo-devel] multi-board branch

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] multi-board branch
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 22:07:41 +0300

Arend wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, Paul Pogonyshev wrote:
> > > I have just commited a huge patch that makes entire branch compilable.
> > > However, nothing currently works (except for `joseki.c' which was
> > > needed for proper compilation.) ...
> >
> > OK, another huge patch makes multi-board GNU Go pass `reading.tst'
> > without unexpected results and with exactly the same node counter as
> > original.  Phew...  Had to convert a large number of files just for
> > this.
>
> It is a little unfortunate that you have to add the goban "default"
> argument everywhere, because it means your branch will conflict with
> just about every patch. However, I don't have a better suggestion.

That is inevitable with C.  With C++ we could do it more smoothly,
but even then it would not be logical to put all the engine into goban
object (at least I think so.)  However, I hope to make this all into a
working state in a week.  I have at most 10 non-converted files locally
and that is no more than some 25% of them.

Paul