Re: [gnugo-devel] Owl cuts, goal dragons and origins

From: Gunnar Farnebäck
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] Owl cuts, goal dragons and origins
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 23:18:04 +0200

Evan wrote:
> Is there a way to set up a separate list that mirrors everything on
> trac?  Ideal would seem to me to do that, and also have a check box
> that says "copy this trac update to gnugo-devel".  I don't know if
> trac supports any of that, or how hard it would be to add.  It's
> probably a pretty reasonable feature request for someone who knows
> trac internals.  That would let all discussion happen on trac, but
> provide updates in inboxes for those that prefer.

There is builtin support for email notification of ticket changes, see
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracNotification, but it
requires setting up mail delivery, which I'm not sure my ISP lets me
do flexibly enough.

Another resource, which Arend has already mentioned, is to use the RSS
feeds, see http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/wiki/TracRss. I believe
there is software to turn RSS feeds into email streams, which could be
set up anywhere. But I don't think we should direct it to gnugo-devel
but rather to some dedicated list.